Ibtihaj Al Harthi
Ibtihaj was born in Muscat, in 1982. She works predominantly in digital medium but enjoys oil paintings and watercolor drawings. She graduated from the Academy of Art University with an MFA in Illustration, majoring in children’s books illustration. Her thesis focuses on fairy tales using the graphic novel format and traditional Omani folktales. Her artwork is inspired by magical realism and infused by the the everyday magic seen in the local life in Omani villages. She has participated in many local and international exhibitions, and illustrated many artwork directed to children including four published children’s books. She is a member at the Omani Society for Fine Arts (OSFA) and the Society of Children’s Books Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI). She lives and works in Muscat.
She is the founder of Dahareez Arts an illustration services company.
- Ghusoun and Her Brother the Gazelle, written by Dr. Kaltham Al Ghanim and illustrated by Ibtihaj Al Harthi, Published by Hamed bin Khalifa Publishing, (2017).
- Mah and Me, Written and illustrated by Ibtihaj Al Harthi, published by Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation, (2015).
- The Boy and the Sea, written by Azhar Ahmed and illustrated by Ibtihaj Al Harthi, published by Al-Ghasham Publishing, (2013).
- A Student Memoir, written by Dr. Fatma Anwar and illustrated by Ibtihaj Al Harthi, published by Al-Ghasham Publishing, (2013).
- The Horse who Lost his Memory, written by Azhar Ahmed and illustrated by Ibtihaj Al Harthi, published by the Omani Cultural Club, (2010).
- The Omani Exhibition, Qatar, Katara Gallery, (2015).
- The Annual Youth Exhibition at the Omani Fine Arts Society, Oman, (2011-2013).
- The Small Artwork Exhibition, Oman, (2012-2014).
- The Saudi Art Festival, (2013).
- The Wildlife Exhibition, Oman, (2012).